Question:
What can I use around the house for lube? (I'm a girl)?
Squire Kimara
2012-05-22 23:02:14 UTC
Someone said olive oil--but I'm not sure if it's safe to be putting that in my vagina? What can I use that works and is safe?
Four answers:
69AdultToys Expert
2012-05-23 19:50:06 UTC
As far as things laying around the house that are usable for lube, unless you happen to have some KY or Astroglide or another type of personal lubricant laying around, you're not going to find something suitable that is safe for that type of use!

Oils of any kind (including food grade) are NOT sterile and not meant for that type of use. Oil also leaves residue behind which can actually turn rancid (just like food!) and cause all manner of bacterial infections and yeasts, which is why you won't find a personal lubricant that's oil-based and meant for internal use. The only oil-based lubricants you'll find specifically state for external use only (for massage or male masturbation) because they stay slick until you wash them off.

Please re-think the household items, at least for lubricant! It's definitely worth heading to Walgreens, CVS, Target, WalMart, even the grocery store and picking up some cheap lube for a few bucks, otherwise it could turn in to a lot more financially for medication or doctor's visits!
?
2016-10-18 17:15:25 UTC
Crisco or vegetable oil, in case you're no longer applying condoms. in case you're applying condoms, stay far off from those issues, because of the fact it weakens the latex. you're gonna could desire to interrupt down and purchase some lube on a similar time you're identifying to purchase the condoms.
♫♪♫ Moem ♀
2012-05-22 23:15:08 UTC
Olive oil and coconut oil are your best and safest options around the house. But never use them with condoms as they weaken the latex.

Other than that, it's really best to go out and buy lube.
Ashlee
2012-05-22 23:23:28 UTC
or spit ;)